Русская школа трансдисциплинарности
Materials in English
Институт трансдисциплинарных технологий
SUMMARY OF TRANSDISCIPLINARITY CONCEPTION – 4
(CONCEPTION – is the interpretation of a process or a phenomenon, the main point of view at a subject or an object of research, a specified way of understanding, a research plan).
“Conceptions should not be defined, they should be explained. Conceptual nature of terms creates a higher polymorphism in the science language. The more profound and advanced a conception is, the higher its polymorphism“
A philosophical interpretation of transdisciplinary conception-4
1. The world is One orderly medium.
2. Identification of the One Orderly Medium is fulfilled through its attributes – a versatile form and a versatile content. (Attribute – from a Latin word: attributum – an integral characteristic of an object).
3. The unity of the Medium provides a mutual order for all its attributes. (Order – is a correct and regular state or a position of something).
4. Application of transdisciplinary models of spatial, temporal and informational aspects of this order lets us understand, perceive and describe the One orderly medium in its unity. (Aspect – from a Latin word aspectus: point of view from which an object, a phenomenon, or a conception is viewed).
Transdisciplinary interpretation of a transdisciplinary conception-4
1. World is One. In this perception it is indivisible, therefore, it consists of natural elements – fragments (element,from a Latin word elementum – primary matter; fragment – a relatively defined area of something).
2. Unity of the world determines universal order (Order – a correct and regular state or a position of something) in all it natural elements/fragments, as well as in every interaction and interrelation between them. From this point of view, the world appears to be One Orderly Medium.
3. Universal order that determines the unity of the world appears to be a transdisciplinary system.
4. Models of the main aspects (Aspect – from a Latin word aspectus – a point of view at an object) of transdisciplinary system: spatial, temporal and informational “unit of order” enable to correctly and fully explore the World at any level of the reality.
Brief explanation of the postulates of the transdisciplinary conception-4
A transdisciplinary image of the World, a transdisciplinary interpretation of the term “system” makes it possible to suggest a following solution to an epistemological problem – “how to explore the World and its elements?”
1. A statement “the World is a one orderly medium” means that, as applied to such a medium, multiplicity of potency possible orderly mediums (worlds) will be considered as the totality of its natural elements/fragments.
2. To be a natural element/fragment of the medium means to have a number of attributes (Attribute – attributum: an integral and substantial characteristic of an object) and features (a feature – is a characteristic, an indication, a sign, that allows to define something), that indicate its organic belonging to the one orderly medium, as well as make sense during its independent existence. In order words, those attributes/signs allow every natural element/fragment at their level of reality to be the same one orderly medium, that has a definite location and function. From this point of view, the medium of a natural element/fragment, as well as the medium of an artificial object is interpreted as a unique orderly medium. Examples of a unique orderly medium are: an atom and a Galaxy, a bank and a state, a forest border and a car, a person and an idea, an enterprise, a technology and economical relations.
3. Main feature of the one orderly medium and, therefore, each unique orderly medium, is its potency (Potency – Lat. potentia – power, capability) – hidden power (possibilities), that exists in it naturally, or was put in by the human (for artificial orderly mediums), that shows during special circumstances. A statement: “potency”, in this case, pertains to the inner organization of an orderly medium, due to which it can show its condition.
Main attributes of one orderly medium, as well as each unique orderly medium are:
Space – as a form of existence of potency of one orderly medium;
Information – as a form of development of potency of one orderly medium;
Time – as a form of transformation of potency of one orderly medium.
4. Interpretation of the terms “space”, “time” and “information” as the forms of existence, development and transformation of potency, makes it possible to transfer them from philosophical categories to methodological categories. Thus, having a form (Form – Lat. forme – a figure, image, display) makes it possible to develop the models of spatial, temporal and informational “unit of order”, as the images of the transdisciplinary system. By means of these models, it makes it possible to not only define an object of research correctly, but to form a “sphere of necessity” for it.
5. Order of interrelation between space, time and information is initially appropriate to the one orderly medium as well as to any unique orderly medium. This is their immanent feature (immanent – Lat. immanens – being inside). But since this order is one, unique, universal, when exploring the world it is necessary to search for the appearance of this order in each of its objects, in every interrelation and interaction, at any level of reality. In this regard, to traditionally use the terms “oversystem” and “subsystem” during the world exploring is not fully correct, because it forces a researcher to look for “an order in an order”, in order words, it presumes the existence of “suborder” or “overorder”, and presumes the existence of different orders. By-turn, the “unity” of the order, the unity of the system presumes the existence of special elements, interactions and connections, which present in an object of research. As a result, not only the object is being explored, but the understanding of its true location and function in the world is being formed at the same time.
Note: Presented variants of the interpretation of a transdisciplinary conception-4 are open for discussion and structural correction.
Дата последнего обновления информации на портале